Toll Free Number : 18002330418
About Maharashtra Livestock Development Board (MLDB)
|Friday, 26 February 2010 07:10
|Last Updated on Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:31
Maharashtra livestock development board has been established government resolution no. CDS-10/2001(F. No-59) ADF-4 Mumbai -32 Dt. 2-04-2002
Head quarter: Akola, Camp Offices at Pune & Nagpur
As per the guidelines of the Govt. of India, Maharashtra Livestock Development Board, Akola a state implementing agency has been established vide Maharashtra Govt. resolution No. CDS-10-2001-(PK-59)ADF-4/Mumbai-32, dt 2 April 2002. Govt. of India has sanctioned Rs. 17.20 Crore and released Rs. 8.60 crore as first installment for the year 2005-06 for implementing the project under NPCBB vide letter No. 3-22/2003-AHT(NPCBB) GOI, Ministry of Agriculture, Dept. of AH&D, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi dt. 26-9-2003.
- Conservation and upgradation of recognized breeds of the state.
- Monitoring breeding policy.
- Training to the farmers and professionals.
- Strengthening of semen stations.
- Organization of infertility camps.
- Encouragement to NGO’s for livestock development.
- To deliver breeding inputs at farmers door steps.
- Supply of quality bulls used for NS.
- To setup strict quality control of services and inputs.
- Semen stations (03 No.s) at Nagpur, Aurangabad & Pune.
- Bull Mother Farms (07 No.s) at Wadsa, Pohara, Kopergaon, Tathawade (Pune), Jat, Junoni & Hingoli.
- Bull Rearing Centres (02 No.s) at Nagpur & Aurangabad
- Plan and non-plan Establishment grants from State Government.
- Grants of Government of India.
- Revenue receipt from sale of frozen semen doses and liquid nitrogen to Department of Animal Husbandry.
- After production of High Pedigree Bulls and Bull Mothers, revenue generated from sale of additional livestock and related products.
- Duties & Responsibilities of MLDB
- Implementation of policy for livestock production in the state through crossbreeding & upgradation by way of Artificial insemination. To decide dist.wise A.I. targets & its follow up.
- Exercise strict control for the quality A.I. services in the state & best standard frozen semen doses as per the norms.
- Implementation of Progeny Testing Programme to prove the bulls.
- Implementation of National project on cattle & buffalo breeding.
- Maintain proper co-ordination with Agriculture & Rural Development deptt., watershed area development programme & Swarna Jayanti Gram Swayam Rojgar yojana while implementing NPCBB.
- To get active participation to dairy development NGO. Dairy co-ordinations, farmer breeds association & MAPSU through proper co-ordination.